Monday 5 December 2011

Candy Wrapper Advent Calendar # 4 & 5

Sorry, I managed to miss posting number 4 yesterday, but here it is now - Rudolph, with his shiny Crystal Effects nose and rather fabulous antlers!

I used the owl punch again for his head, this time trimming off the owl's feet, and cut the antlers with the Sizzix Sizzlit Swirls Scribbles die. I just used the larger two circles from the owl punch for his eyes, adding little highlights with my white gel pen.

And today's box, number 5:


A very smiley little Angel, which Amy informs me is her second favourite box decoration. You'll have to wait to see number 24 for her favourite one!

The angel's dress is made from the Scalloped Circle punch, trimmed with scissors to make the sides. Her feet are two little pink circles, and her arms are from the Word Window punch. I used the feet from the Owl Builder punch for her hands. Her wings are the Butterfly punch, punched from Whisper White, and then glittered using Heat'n'stick and Dazzling Diamonds. To make her halo I punched out the small oval, and then re-punched to get a smaller one. Then used a craft knife to cut out the centre. Finally finished off by heat embossing with gold powder.

To make her face and hair, I punched the two different sizes and colours of card, then placed the pink circle on top of the yellow one, and made little marks on the yellow circle beside the pink one where I wanted the fringe to finish. I removed the pink circle, and drew a zig zag line between the two lines on the yellow circle, then cut along the line with my craft knife. Finally I inserted the pink circle in the zig zag slit to create the fringe effect, putting a little spot of glue between the two circles behind the fringe to hold them together. I then slipped the top of the dress between the chin and the hair with another little blob of glue between the layers to hold them together.

Her face was sketched on with a pencil first, and then inked over with a marker when I was happy with the expression. Her body is fixed on to the wings using dimensionals, and the halo is glued flat on the back of her head.

I'll do my best to get back with number 6 tomorrow!

post signature

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...