Monday 20 July 2009

Ruby and Chocolate Thank You Card


Card/Paper: Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Holiday Treasures Designer Paper
Ink: Old Olive, Ruby Red, Chocolate Chip
Stamps: Season of Joy, Thank You Kindly
Other: 5/8" Grosgrain Old Olive, Pearls
Card Size: 10cm x 10cm (just under 4" x 4")


I have been sorting out my boxful of cards ready for a craft fair I'm doing in August, and rediscovered this little card I made a while ago. The circles were cut with Nestabilities, and the corners of the designer paper were shaped using my Stampin' Up! 1/2" circle punch, which is handy for this job as it has markings that make it easy to do it evenly without measuring.

The flowers were made using the two largest sizes from the Woodware Multi Christmas Flower punch - not that I've ever used these flowers on a Christmas card - not yet, anyway! The centres of the flowers are the mini snowflake punch, again from Woodware.

A few people have asked me to show them how I made the flowers on my flowerpot card from a few days ago. I've taken the photos - just need to write the tutorial!

post signature

10 comments:

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

This is tooooo Cute! I love it! Also...Your tutorial is Amazing!

Chantell said...

Joanne
This is such a nice card and thank you for also including tutorials. Have a great day
Chantell - South Africa

Penni said...

What a lovely clean crisp card - fab.

Hugs
Penni
X

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, love the flowers and they go so well with your pretty stamping too!!

Stamping Moments said...

This is Gorgeous. You're flowers are fantastic, Thanks for sharing Jenny x

Saskia said...

Beautiful work... so elegant!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Monica Gale said...

Oh Joanne I am soo in love with this card. I just love your beautoful flowers M xxx

Unknown said...

The swirly floral background stamp is just gorgeous. Great card.

Wee Hels said...

Love the swirls bg - your paper flowers are just fabby!

Gayathri said...

Joanne I'm totally in love with your cards! this has gotta be one of your best.. I make cards too, but not as good as yours :) you can see some of my work on www.littlepinkpebbles.com
Cheers,
Gai

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...